Thursday, May 1, 2014

Week 6 & Submission

Continuing my progress since last week, I completed the roof of my building. Also, I did some touch up to my building.I did the contour by drawing lines of contour and I turned on the Gumball so that I can adjust the height of the lines to the height that I want. Later on, I selected all the lines and patch the surface.Thus, that is how I did my contour. Moving on, I changed the colour of the layer so that it looks similar to the actual material of the building. 


Another view of the picture that shows the contour of my site.

In order to render my building, I decided to import my file to 3D Max. First, I highlighted everything on rhino and I typed Export and saved it as "dfx". I did it in this way so that all the layering in Rhinoceros will be transferred to 3D Max and it will save a lot of time when I m applying materials on the building.


Then, I imported the file into 3D Max and here is a picture of how it looks like before I render using 3D Max. As you can see, the building and site is already in colour as I when I export the file in Rhino, I didn't change from Shaded to Rendered. But still, it is possible to change the colour in 3D Max.

In order to change the colour of the material, I typed "M" and "Material Editor" will appear and I start to choose the colour I want and place it on the specific part of the building. I chose to use  "Glass-Clear" for the curtain walling and sliding doors as I feel that it looks more realistic if I render it white. The process of doing this was quite fast as nothing major is required in this process.


Below is a picture after I applied some colours onto the buidling.


Then, I chose a few nice angles and rendered my building. So here are 5 pictures of different angles after I did some simple rendering. In a nutshell, the is what I am submitting for this week.










No comments:

Post a Comment